Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Knock off Chic!

Now that we are (finally) done with hangers we get to move onto another section. Now we are going to talk about shoes, one of my favorite dolly things in the world. There were a bunch of shoes in this lot, however most of the shoes are not that interesting to me. These upcoming shoes are not why I bought the lot, but since they're part of the lot, I get to talk about them with you all.


So let's get through it together!


Our first pair of shoes originally came with 70's era Skinny Ginny. I know because a few years ago I ended up with one of those dolls in a lot that was wearing her original outfit that included these shoes. She doesn't live here any more, but thanks to her I'm able to identify at least one type of shoes that are hers. Made from a white rubber material they're cute generic sneakers. Not sure if I have anyone who can wear them, we're mostly fashion dolls around here and I think anyone who's feet are long enough to wear them have feet that are too thin for them. *UPDATE* You can cram Tammy's feet in them, but her feet are slightly too big for them so the shoes are slightly stretched. They're in decent shape, since they're white they tend to pick up stains easier, so they have a few orange spots here and there. Not sure if I'll hold onto them or resell them, they're not worth very much. It might be worth it to hold onto them in case I get a doll that can wear that sized shoe.

That wasn't the only Ginny shoes in the lot. I also ended up with a pair of the same sneakers, just in red. Same exact mold, just a different color. Pretty much same condition as the white pair, but since they're red they didn't stain as easy.

There was also a single red Ginny sneaker in the lot as well. And funnily enough, I had a match for it. A week or so ago I bought a small bag of single doll shoes at a local antique store to get the 70's era Barbie shoes in it and ended up with the red Ginny sneaker. Thinking I would never find a match for it, I put it up on E-bay. And then the Universe decided I would find a match. Luckily nobody bought the sneaker so when the auction ended that week I just deleted it. The match between the two shoes aren't perfect, but it's close enough for me especially when I'll most likely never end up using either pair. And if I do I'll probably forget which one is the matched pair and which is the original pair!

Out next shoe is one that I'm not sure who it belongs to, but the foot size is the same as Ginny's, so I would bet it originally belonged to her (or at least a clone of her). These are actually a pair of boots instead of sneakers. They're not as nice quality as the sneakers though. Made from a blow mold these boots are made from an extremely thin red almost maroon plastic. They're completely unmarked, but have a decoration molded onto both sides of the boots that reminds me of fancy jean pockets. This is another hint at to them belonging to Ginny since I think she had outfits that were made using designer names, including jean designers. I'm just not sure if these are originals or clones from the originals.

Up next we have another pair of blow molded shoes. Made from a thin (but not as thin as the red boots) white plastic they're actually a pair of inline skates. These are Barbie sized (we're done with Ginny shoes). They are completely unmarked as maker and country of origin. They're decent condition, but can't see myself using them. They are destined for the "shoes that are matches that I'll never use".

After that we have a pair of ballet slippers. Another cheap blow mold pair of shoes. These are made from a thin pale pink plastic, similar to the red boots. These actually are marked "Hong Kong" on the insides in tiny hard to read letters. I'm not sure who they're supposed to fit. They're tiny and don't want to split them trying to see who they'll fit. They have holes poked into the back where they have short very frayed ribbons to tie at the doll's ankle. These are also destined for the same bag as the skates.

Moving on from that we have several different pairs of the clone open toe shoes that they've been using for clones for AGEEEEES. I remember these from my childhood clone dolls and I know they've been using them as long as clones have been around. Up first is a pair of red ones. They are marked on the bottom "Hong Kong" and are your standard clone quality. Mine have a production flaw where the strap on one of them wasn't fully molded. Not that I'm going to ever use them, but that's bad quality control for even a clone!

After that we have a pair of pink ones, these are actually kind of cute. These are marked "Hong Kong" under the length of the sole and is the kind with the two "vampire bites" holes on the bottom. These are actually really cute and I am tempted to use them in my collection, I just worry about splitting the straps, even with the super thin 70's era Barbie feet.

After that we have a pair of medium blue shoes. Like the red pair these are marked Hong Kong on the bottom and don't have any production holes. These I actually plan on using. I have that Sweet Sixteen clone with that light purple swimsuit. I think I have her in purple shoes, but I like these blue ones a lot better, so I'm going to switch them out. Standard clone quality, but since she's a clone I think she can get away with it.

After that we have white open toe shoes. There's actually several pairs of them in the lot, four including one still wrapped in plastic. They're in decent shape, except one has some extra plastic on the side and two of them have had a strap break at the side. No plans for using these, but if I ever get a lot of clone dolls with teeny tiny feet I'll have shoes for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment