Sunday, April 17, 2016

Short update (with some minor doll talk)

Today was E-bay day. I got five auctions completely finished, recreated one that had aged out of the system, took picture for one I had written the text for earlier, and redid one which consisted of taking new pictures and rewriting the ad, so it was pretty much a brand new listing.
The past week E-bay was kind enough to give me a go-around of free listings. So they all ended today, and I had six things with bidders! Per usual I had a lot of watchers, but not too many bidders but I am pleased with that many sales. I even had a couple of people do the buy it now on some things during the week. I always like that since it means more money! Right now April has had eight sales, and everything has been listed for the week so hopefully more things will sell. My record for sales in a month was 14 but that was with enough free listings so I could keep renewing listings every week. With these new sales that means I have some more listings to create. My account is getting full, but I still have plenty of stuff to list. My dresser is once again chock full of E-bay items to list and that doesn't even start on several boxes of stuff I have kicking around.

I would like to say that I am being smart and using my E-bay profits to build up my bank account, but that's simply not the case. As with tradition I'm using it on dolls. At least when I use my E-bay money for part of it it's not all coming out of my bank account. And perhaps one of these days I'll be better. This month I splurged and bought Grace Kelly. I hated spending so much on her, but she's getting harder and harder to find and I figured I should bite the bullet and get it over with. I bought the "To Catch a Thief" version and plan on reselling her clothes and original body to make up some of my expenses. At least I can say with E-bay sales I'm at least buying less things than what I'm selling. So in some sad little way I'm making progress in pairing down my things.

Today is also the start of my last week at my current job. I had today off, but it's business as usual at work. I was expecting my hours to be slashed when I put in my notice, but no such luck. I guess since we've lost so many people at work they can't afford to cut my hours back even though I'm leaving. Including me we've lost ten associates the past month or so. I also found out our assistant store manager is leaving. Her last day is a week after mine. The store is taking a big hit by losing her. Quite frankly she's amazing. Smart, dedicated, great to work with, and for, so they're going to really suffer with her gone. And the sad thing is, she probably would have stayed longer except the manager is a nightmare (she's why a lot of people have left) and the way the company is running thing is burning everyone out. I honestly think that store won't be around for too much longer, it really seems set up to fail. I am sad to leave some of the people I work with, but there's just no reason to stay. Especially if there's no store there soon to stay for.

I start my training at my new job this Thursday. I told work that I needed that day off, and somehow they actually gave it to me. That means this week I only have two days off, but I guess I'll manage. I have a lot of things outside of work I need to get done but I have been trying to force myself to do things before and after work. It's just hard because I'm so tired after work and there's some things I just don't want to do. Hopefully things will get better once April is over. It would be hard for it to get worse in some aspects right now.

Tomorrow is another day (just not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing right now)

1 comment:

  1. You really found a new job in the nick of time by the sound of it. Good Luck with your training!

    ReplyDelete