Saturday, November 19, 2016

Goodbye (for December)

Hello everyone.

Just so everyone knows, I will not be able to update this blog next month, or the rest of this month. I work retail and this is our busy season. Tomorrow starts a 5 day work week where I have 37 hours. It's quite a step up since the previous weeks I was just working 4 days averaging 25 hours a week. We're quite short staffed at the moment with only having two new seasonal people (one I don't have much hope lasting much longer) and still being down people since they fired 4 people several months back. At least I'm lucky, right now all our full time people are working 6 days with 50+ hours. I don't think I could do that. 

Right now I'm focusing on surviving the holiday season. I haven't been sharing much with you, but I have been getting new dolls (including a Titan Ponytail), working on E-bay (I did 10 listings today!), and sewing. The past few weeks I've actually made a pair of underwear, a pair of socks, a shirt for Joe, a pair of pants, a shirt, a skirt, an underskirt, and two dresses. It doesn't sound like much but when I was working at that new place I wasn't sewing anything. This is actually quite a step up from then.

I'll see everyone in January. I hope everyone has a safe and happy Holiday season. And please, be nice to retail associates, they're trying to do their job as best as they can and are pretty powerless.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your holidays. I guess I can wait until January to see who the blurred face belongs to. Retail work is stressful. I worked retail a few years ago and the holidays can be brutal. Don't let yourself get stressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete