Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Not the best start to the new year....

Hello Dear Readers,

I've removed the poll from the site.
It wasn't finished yet, but I felt it should come down because I'm no longer getting a Mimi doll.

But let it be known that I tried. I found one I liked on eBay, bought it on the 3rd, got notified it shipped on the 4th, then today (the 10th) woke up to an email from the seller that the doll was no longer in stock so they couldn't ship it and that I needed to contact them to get my refund.

I know that right after I bought the doll from them they edited the auction for a much higher price and sold a doll like that too. It said they had 9 dolls in stock, but I guess that's not the case. Not to be too cynical, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the person who paid more than me will be getting their doll.

I am lucky in the fact that this doll is a mass produced doll so it's not like a vintage doll who is going to be a lot harder to find. However the next cheapest option is around 50 dollars and I had a hard time justifying the doll at 35. I know shipping is expensive, but from what I know about these dolls retail prices, that's a lot to upcharge on shipping.

I'd like to say that it's not bothering me too much, but it has bummed me out pretty bad. I'm especially annoyed with the fact that they waited a week after I bought it and nearly a week after they claimed to ship it to tell me.

3 comments:

  1. That's too bad. I had a seller claim they mailed me a book in mid-November and only refund me when I complained it still hasn't turned up. They were so casual about it that I wonder if they ever mailed it in the first place.

    I hope you manage to get one eventually. A friend of mine buys items from Gmarket (eBay's Korean site) and tells me their shipping is fast but pricey so I guess there's no getting around it.

    Thankfully, the world is full of beautiful dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should open an ebay case on this and give them a negative rating! I would! I recently purchased an item. The seller shipped it from China and sent me the tracking info. I followed it all the way to Clarkston, but it never made it to my house. The tracking said it had been returned to sender. I contacted the Post Office to see what was up. The package had been sent to a totally different name than mine at a non-existent address in Clarkston. I contacted the seller who apologized profusedly and said that they were going to punish the employee who made the mistake. I asked them not too, was very under standing and asked if they could sent me another and I asked them to be very careful about addressing the package. They did send it again, but the same thing happened! Unbelievable! I did open a case on it thru ebay concierge and got an immediate refund of the item plus shipping cost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aubrey. Bugging you yet again. Trying to get my commenting problems fixed.

    ReplyDelete