Saturday, October 26, 2019

A 6 Month Update

Hello Dear Readers,

How is everybody? Sorry for being so MIA for the past several months. I would like to say it's because I was off doing something fun, but it's really just the general drudgery of life. I would like to check in more, but I'm so overwhelmed with life I don't really have a lot of time to update the blog. I know the blog is a total mess and part of me wants to restore it, but part of me just thinks it may need to stay in draft form.

I'm still working. Back in July I got hired by the company I was under contract for. It was kind of a surprise since they extended my contract back in March until the end of September, but they offered me a permanent position. I was the only person from my class that was hired (although, out of the 14 people we started with in October of 2018, only three were still working there in July including myself). They did hire some other contract people from other departments. I know that I was there the shortest out of everyone that were hired. It did come with a pay raise so that was nice. Still don't like the job. There's a lot of stress and not a lot of support for it. They don't really give you the tools to do the job well, they just tell you to do it and do it well. Figuring out how is your problem. Despite their worst efforts, I guess I'm doing well. Last month in September (which I found out on October 24th), I was the top rated employee in my department. Out of a possible 10, I got 9.9. I got an email from a much higher up congratulating me, which how I found out. My bosses also sent out an email to everyone on the floor telling them, so I guess it's a pretty big deal. I've been working there for almost a full year and I haven't seen that happen before.

I'm also still working off and on on eBay. I took some time off in July from my full time job and got everything practically filled up, but luckily they don't stay filled. I've been working when I can on keeping things filled, but I am so tired after working a full work week it's hard also having a small business on the side so I don't always work on it. However, I really do need to keep working on it. I have way too much stuff that I need to get rid of. I keep buying things on sale or things to keep parts of and I really need to get it listed. Things just come in faster then they are going out! I have quite a backlog of stuff to list.

I'm not all just buying things for resale, I have added several new dolls to the collection. I've been pretty lucky getting some less common dolls for good prices, but I really need to work on being better. I still have long term plans to go through the vintage collection and scale that back. That's on the back burner while I work on clearing out the dolls I know I don't want, but I have listed a couple vintage dolls recently. Right now I am really thinking about spending a LOT of money on a vintage doll (Like, a *lot* of money), but before I do that I would like to have things more organized around here. I say that, but I most likely won't ever buy that doll. I think about it, but whenever I think about spending that much money I just can't. It's just too much and honestly, I worry about getting ripped off. The doll I want has been faked and I'm afraid that I will get ripped off.

I've also been working on generally getting my life together for my future plans. That stuff is slow since there's a lot to do and I'm doing it all on my own (and there's some ... situations working against me), but I am working on it. I am even working on a creative project that's possibly part of my long term plans. I can't talk much about it, but I'm enjoying working on it. I have a lot of coals in the fire, but not a lot of time or motivation to work on everything. Hopefully I can make process.

That's everything I can think of to update. Can't say you'll hear from me any time soon, but at least you all know what's going on.

~Aubrey

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear an update from you Aubrey. It's nice you're job is liking you. Too bad the feeling isn't mutual. I've been there!

    ReplyDelete