Friday, March 30, 2018

DC Super Hero Girl Hands on Made to Move Arms

Hello Everyone, 

Barb commented in the last post about wanting to see some DC Super Hero Girl Doll hands on Made to Move arms so I took some pictures to share. 

I only have two dolls with this style of setup, my Betty Boop doll and another project doll. I'm actually a little surprised I hadn't shown you that yet since out of all the dolls I bought last year, Betty Boop is one of my favorites. She's actually moved onto Charlotte's shelf, and not in a I'mrunningoutofroomjustputthedollanywhere kind of way. 

I changed her into a form fitting dress to give a greater idea of the proportions of the doll with the hands: 




I also cropped her head out of this picture to give a greater idea of the proportions with just the body.



For anyone interested, she's using the Purple Top Made to Move body with Poison Ivy's hands.

The next set of pictures are a bit of a weird one, it's a project I'm working on. It's a Belly Button torso that I cracked open that I put Made to Move arms on with DC Super Hero Girl hands. I love the level of articulation in the Made to Move arms, but dislike how boxy the torso is compared to the Belly Button torso. I'm cobbling together my own since Mattel has retired the Belly Button torso.

 The arms aren't a perfect fit, I had to widen the doll's opening at the shoulder to put the arms in.
 I haven't glued her together yet, so she's literally held together by clear rubber bands.
I call this picture "Modesty".
I believe the arms were from the Martial Artist Made to move Barbie and the hands are from Supergirl. (I know it's Supergirl since I've only bought a few of those doll)

Swapping out the hands are super easy. You can use either boiling water or a heating pad. Basically you heat the doll up until her vinyl arm is soft and then firmly but gently pull the hand out. You should also reheat the new arm before putting the hand in. I've rushed it and just put the hand in a not warmed up arm and got some stress marks at the wrist from it. Some of the later Fashionistas (when they were still jointed) also have hands that come out the same way. I've swapped out several Fashionista hands on my Made to Move dolls.

Just a word of warning for people buying the dolls just to swap,  the Gymnastic line from DC Superhero Girl dolls do not have wrist joints. Their hands appear to be just on pegs that are glued into the wrist. I couldn't even get mine to turn, but I didn't try too hard since I knew I wasn't keeping her.

2 comments:

  1. She looks good. Thanks for mentioning which body you used. I couldn't find one that matched my BettyBoop's head and wasn't a classic big-chested Barbie one and that's not what a Flapper would have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting these! Those hands do look like a very nice fit, better than I would have thought.

    ReplyDelete