Sunday, March 25, 2018

Let's Talk Wish List, Mattel!

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to not spend any money today, so let's talk about spending money!

I've shared wish lists in the past and sometimes I get the urge to talk about them so today I decided to make one. I've been dealing with a nasty sinus infection and today is one of the first days where I feel like doing something, but not something super productive so I decided to cobble one together and share it with you all.

There's other dolly stuff I want, but I decided to stick to Mattel products in this one since they're like 99 percent of what I buy. Also I'm lazy and didn't want to cobble together a bunch of random online pictures.

Here's my wish list: 

Sheesh that's blurry.

Starting in the upper right corner we have the made to move curvy Dancer doll. I know she's showing up in stores, but I have yet to find her despite visiting a ton of Walmarts lately. I'm mostly interested in this doll because of her body. I don't love her face or her outfit (even though I think curvy pants will fit Joe) and I'm not sure if I have a doll head I'd use on that body. So I'm not sure how much of her would stay, I might keep the shoes but I have so many curvy/tall shoes and nobody to use them on! To the right we have the made to move Gymnast doll. I just like the doll's outfit and shoes. I'd probably keep the body despite my efforts to stop hoarding bodies like I do. This ones also been showing up in stores but I have yet to find it. To the right we have a Pink Passport doll. This one I only sort of like, and just for her outfit. For someone who doesn't like rompers, I've kind of fallen in love with them for my dolls. I also like her sunglasses. Her body is a weird mix of articulation and I assume she has the "original" torso which I'm not a fan of. Since this doll is a Toys R Us exclusive and they're closing I assume I won't be getting her, which I'm fine with. I'd only get her at a decent sale price. To the right of that we have a Fashionista. Can't remember her name, but I really like her. I also like her outfit, and already have an articulated body she can upgrade to. She's close enough to release for stock images, but I'm pretty sure she's not out officially. 

On the second row on the far left we have another Fashionista. That one's a close mouth Millie sculpt, so I'm not interested in the doll itself. I just want her shoes, and maybe her sunglasses but I think I already have a pair just like those so those might not stay. I'm not sure if her shoes will fit Charlotte (first wave Fashionista) since the doll with the flocked hair from the last wave her shoes which look very similar to these were too slim to fit Charlotte's feet. That doll's also a stand in for several other fashionistas who I couldn't find stock images for. I don't know all of them, but I know there's a half dozen or so I want for bits and pieces. I know I want the doll with the unicorn shirt, the rocker doll, and the one with the cat dress. Luckily Fashionistas are cheap and I have decent luck breaking even on them on eBay when I sell what I don't want. To the right of her we have the newest career doll, whose name I can't remember. I just want that little robot she comes with and her laptop. I know it'll just be a tiny piece of molded plastic but my Generation Girl Mari doll *needs* it. The doll to the right and down is another Made to Move, this one's the baseball player. I just want her for her costume. Again, probably will keep the body, but I think her outfit would make a nice Halloween costume. Not that I need another Halloween costume, but I want it! To her left we have one of the new yoga made to move dolls. There's rumor that this doll will be the "tall" body, but I'm not sure if it is. I just like the doll's face so I'm planning on getting her. To the right of that we have the Chris Pratt as Owen from Jurassic World II doll. I like Chris Pratt, so I want a doll of him. The stock images, like usual, look a lot better than the real doll so I'm prepared to be disappointed by the actual doll. He'll be getting a new body since I don't like the pivotal Ken body (too boxy) and have already purchased a Batman body for him. His clothes will most likely not fit the new body, but I'm not too upset. The stock outfit looks so basic. The jeans look just as simple as what Mattel was selling as basic Ken clothes back in the 90's. 
The next row is just the Mario shirt. This is a stand in for pretty much all of the licensed clothing sets from Mattel. So far I've bought all of the Hello Kitty sets, all of the Care Bear sets, and most of the Minion sets (except for the sold out ones) and I don't even like the Minions! I don't even like some of the outfits but feel compelled to buy them all since I'm worried about them getting super expensive on the second hand market. Luckily, they're pretty cheap, but even as inexpensive as they are, they do add up. I know I'll be getting all of the Mario sets, and plan on getting a couple duplicates of the single pieces. I'm really looking forward to finding these in stores. I also planning on getting the rest of the Minions, the DC Superheros, the second Hello Kitty set, and the Spongebob set. There's also one or two regular clothing sets I want too. I've spent more on Barbie clothes in the past three months than I usually do all year.
The next and final row start off with the curvy doll from the new made to move yoga line. I actually want this doll to try her body with my Betty Boop timeless treasures doll. I already have Betty on a made to move body, but would love if she was a bit curvier, even if it meant I had to remake her outfit for her (one of the few dolls I dressed last year). This doll isn't out yet, but if I found her before the Dancer doll, I'm not sure if I'd still get the Dancer. To the left of that we have a DC Super Hero High doll, I just want her for her body. I have a blue doll from childhood I'd like to get articulated, but I'm not sure if I'd like those proportions with her. Truth be told, I waffle on getting the doll any articulation so this most likely won't happen, but if I found the doll on sale I'd get her. To her right we have a WWE Diva doll. I just want this doll (and similar dolls like her) for her shoes and spare casual dress. I don't know who can wear her shoes (or dress), but my shoe addiction isn't limited just to Barbie and her friends. I really shouldn't want to buy a doll just to get her shoes without knowing if I have anyone who can wear them, but here we are. This is kind of a low priority though, so I might not ever do it. And to the right of her we have a DC Super Hero High Roller Derby doll. She's also a stand in for all of the dolls in this line. I just want them for their hands. I love the articulation in the made to move dolls, but hate their paddle hands. I've swapped several doll's hands for the Fashionista hands, but I really like the flared finger DC Super Hero hands. Traditionally with the DC Super Hero Dolls only one hand has that mold and the other one gets a grabby hand designed to hold things. The Roller Derby dolls have both hands flared with wrist joint (unlike the gymnast dolls whose hands are on posts that are glued into the arm without an actual wrist joint) so I'd want these dolls for hand replacements. I'm not sure how many I'd want since the hands are a bit short (and I love long fingers). I have a pair on my Betty Boop doll, but she's a cartoon so she can get away with more stylized hands. I think they're way overpriced at 15.99, but if I got them super cheap I'd pick up a couple. I can sell what I don't want, but so far have not had luck reselling the pieces from these dolls. 

Also not shown, but also on the list are some of the collector dolls that have been announced but not yet have pictures of. I know I want the Wicked dolls, but I'm holding out judgement on the Unicorn doll since I (apparently) collect any piece of Barbie clothes with unicorns on them, but don't really do fantasy dolls. 

So that's what I want from Mattel right now. My non-Mattel list is pretty short. There's a very expensive doll body I want, I'd like some replacement bodies for Mimi dolls, there's a couple of Mimi dolls I still want, (but I've stopped looking since I have enough for now and the ones I still want, I have still yet to see for sale), and a couple other Korean dolls. There's still some vintage dolls on the want list for this year, but only like 5. I'm not going to bother making a list for any other the other stuff since it's all kind of random and all kind of iffy. 

If I had to pick a doll that I'm most looking forward to out of my entire list, I'd say it's a three way tie between the Chris Pratt doll, the curvy yoga doll, and the Mario clothes. What's on top of everyone's want list currently?

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to see the result, if you do end up putting some Super Hero High doll hands on Made to Move Barbies.

    ReplyDelete