Sunday, August 2, 2020

Time for another update! (Really More of the Same)

Hello Dear Readers,

Checking in with another update, although there isn't too much to really update with. I'm still working from home. I am enjoying working from home, I just wish it was for better reasons. I did get moved into a different aspect of the job, which is actually a lot less stressful (most of the time). It was a little tricky at first, but after getting more familiar with my new duties, and I really like it a lot. Not enough to think it's what I want to do for the rest of my life, but I dislike things less.

Still plugging away at eBay. A month or so ago I went through and counted my boxed dolls, I have around 150 boxed dolls that I'm planning on selling. Usually after stealing the shoes or some other accessories. I'm nowhere close to being finished, but I've made some good strides and feel like it's a more obtainable goal. I've even been listing some vintage dolls. Including one that was part of the collection for several years. It's a very TLC vintage Ken doll. I feel a little guilty getting rid of him, but I need to train myself that I don't have time for for every doll and I should focus on really makes me happy. I know I keep saying this, but there's several dolls in the collection that I'm ready to let go of that I wasn't before. I have been having some success with eBay lately, one week I had over 20 sales. Won't lie, was a bit stressful trying to get everything packed up within eBay's time frame. I like having a lot of sales, but I am a one man operation on top of working a full job. There's only so much I can do!

My purchasing has picked up. Not as bad as before in terms of the amount of dolls coming in, but I did buy my second most expensive doll of all time last week. I mostly paid for it with eBay profits, but I'm still 200 in the red. I did get one of those new Rainbow High dolls from MGA, but we didn't click, so she's been listed on eBay as a nude doll and her outfits separately. I did keep the shoes because that's what I do. :D Right now I have the strongest urge to buy a display case for the dolls. I have them on a bookcase that I've had forever, but I want a nice wooden one with glass doors. The problem is they're expensive, especially when you have to factor I'd have to rent a truck or van. Also, would need a big one, and most of the ones I see would hold less then the bookcase I currently am using. I'm hoping that I will get over it without buying something, but if I love something I will have to get it. So far I haven't found anything close to love. I did buy a piece for a non-doll collection I've started recently. It's still within the realm of toys, so if people are curious as to what that is, let me know in the comments and when it arrives I'll share it with you all.

I did do a little sewing this month, but I think I'm back into the "I don't sew any more" mindset. Even with the 2020 Barbie Convention cancelled I am in peak "I wannnnna goooooooo to convention" feelings. Part of the reasons why I don't want to go is because it's so expensive. I thought that if I could sell clothing I made, I could recoup some of my expenses. And since it wouldn't be until 2021 at the earliest, if I tried to do two dresses per week, I could have a decent amount before then. I got two done. I attempted to make 8 dresses, but only two got finished. I was having a lot of issues with the fit in the bodice, some weird rippling issues, and the *worst* time with pleats being super uneven on skirts. I wasn't having fun, nothing was working, so I gave up. I also thought about convention a lot. It's just so expensive and I don't really do trips, so if I was going to do one, it might be worth it to go somewhere else (in better conditions) and not do a Barbie convention. It looks fun, but you don't get a whole lot for how expensive it is. I'm sure I will flip flop a million more times, but right now I am back into the "it's not worth it for me at this time". Hope everyone is doing well and keeping safe!

Until the next update!


1 comment:

  1. Hey, of course I'm curious what's your new collection! Congratulations on your recent sales.

    ReplyDelete