Monday, August 10, 2020

Let's talk about my newest obession... I mean collection!

Hello Dear Readers, another post so soon, can you believe it?

I got a request to show of the newest thing I am collecting and I honestly I really wanted to show it off. Ironically, the item I was talking about, still hasn't arrived. It was supposed to get here on Friday, but it went from New Mexico to Florida. So it's a little south of me right now. The tracking has updated to acknowledge it's going to be late, but hasn't updated to let me know when it'll be coming. So that's is something I am still waiting for. I was going to show it off, but can't since I don't have it. However, I've bought other things and one of them arrived!
 
I won't keep you waiting for too long, this is what I bought:
 
 
Aren't they cute? They are 1930 bisque Mickey Mouse figurines. These are the military "Doughboy" styles. One of them has a saber and one has a musket. There's a third one in the set holding a flag, but the seller just had these two. I don't think these are reproductions, but I won't lie, I am such a novice in collecting these types of figurines I might have bought reproductions. I am pretty sure they didn't do reproductions of these figures, but I am still in the learning phase. That being said, I only paid 28 dollars including shipping, for these two so even if they're newer, I'm not out much. 

I'm not really sure what brought on this new focus within the collection. I've always liked these vintage Mickey Mouse figurines. Growing up my Grandfather still had some of his from his childhood. He had two bisque figurines from a music set  and two celluloid figurines that I recently learned came off a wind up toy. Eventually I would like to own his Mickey Mouse stuff, but currently it lives with my Grandmother. I believe the post about it is still up, but he passed away in February of 2019 and I miss him. It's funny, he was never much of a big talker, but knowing he's not here, just makes things seem a lot less empty. So I am collecting these things as a bit of an homage to him. 

My focus is going to be 1930's era Mickey Mouse. That's the era of his childhood and I just think it's more of a cohesive collection. Also, Mickey Mouse has been on EVERYTHING, so if I'm not picky, I will end up with so much stuff. I have a plan for what I want to collect. I've actually drawn out a layout of how I want my collection to look like at the end. I have done some purchasing and I do have a wish list of stuff. Ironically these two figurines double my in hand Mickey Mouse collection. I also have a pretty worn toothbrush holder that I found locally and a figurine of Mickey riding Pluto. I have three things coming in the mail right now. I've been doing a LOT of online window shopping, but trying to only buy what I love. I have a pretty long (and kinda expensive wish list), it's not as expensive as Barbie, but it's not cheap. 
 
It's interesting taking a break from Barbie. She's been the main focus for so long. I like being able to take somewhat of a break. I'm not sure if people are interested in hearing about my new collection, but if people want to see more as things come in, let me know. Might be fun to share some non-Barbie stuff. And I can always do a post about my wish list! Just let me know and I will share if there's interest! 

No comments:

Post a Comment