Friday, April 15, 2022

Checking In Again....

Hello Dear Readers,

Long time, no type! I think it's time for some light housekeeping.

*Sees a Barbie covered in a thick layer of dust and covered in cobwebs.*

Okay, maybe some heavy housekeeping...


How has everyone been? I've been keeping busy. I know it's been ages since I last provided an update (and I do mean ages). I can't remember the last time I posted and I'm too lazy to look things back up so some of this might be a repeat. I started a new job back in January. At my old job, I switched to a different department that I regretted (but was a temporary position), but they were really focused on getting us back into the office which I didn't feel comfortable with, so I found a permanent work from home job. Switching jobs meant going back to the phones all day, which I hate, but I just don’t feel safe going back into the office right now, so I decided to deal with it. I’m currently training for a new position with the company that will be less phones, so hopefully that will help me like the job better.


I've still been trucking along with Barbie and Mickey Mouse (and to some extent Betty Boop). I have cooled slightly on Mickey. I've gotten most of the easy to find stuff and what I don't have is either stuff that doesn't come up that often or is expensive (or both). I have been buying some duplicates when I find them for a good price, but have been trying to keep the collection small. I still have space issues and I don't want to get overwhelmed like I am with Barbie where there's more than I can logically enjoy and appreciate. I did start collecting Disney Limited Edition 17-inch dolls, so I remain a hypocrite (at least I am consistent). So far I’ve only purchased dolls when they’re released so I’m paying retail (except for Frozen 2 Kristoff who was below retail), but they are expensive. I also really want Rags Cinderella, but she is VERY expensive. I remain having expensive tastes.


The Barbie collection is still a mess, but I am working on it. I was able to sort out my room and add a second bookshelf, but other than one shelf, everything is still scattered about. I have much more stuff than I have room for. I've been working on weeding out the stuff I like and just keeping what I love. I'm not sure I will have any Malibu dolls when I'm done (other than Christie) and similar doll lines and eras will see their numbers reduced greatly. I have listed and sold some vintage dolls. Letting some dolls go are easier than others, but it really must be done. I've also started getting more into vintage clothing since my sewing days are *mostly* behind me.


I have been plugging away at eBay, it's really been a part-time job and I spend a lot of time working on it. I've been staying ahead so when something sells I have something waiting to list. Sales have been very slow lately, but any progress is appreciated. I still have a lot of stuff to work on and keep buying more, but I have been making good strides on cleaning things out. Still lots to go, but I'm proud of what I've done so far.


I've also been working on some non-collection related things (I promise!). I won't go into too much detail now, but I have several coals in the fire right now and hopefully some things pan out. I do have a doll related luncheon coming up in two weeks. I’m a little nervous about going, but I am vaccinated and will be wearing a mask during it. My doll club is planning on starting in person meetings in August, but I’m skipping the first one since it’s after Barbie Convention and I’m not super comfortable getting together after that event for health concern.


I am going to end this with a photo. I did sew a dress to donate to the event I’m going to for the raffle. I also have a second dress, but it’s not quite finished yet. No picture of the doll’s head, because she doesn’t have one (Goodness knows I can barely keep my head on straight, it’s even less likely for Barbie). 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment