Tuesday, November 29, 2022

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Color Reveal Christmas!

 

Hello Dear Readers,


Can you believe it’s the end of the year already??? Time sure does fly. I’ve decided to dust off the blog for a special seasonal surprise. We’re going to do a daily unboxing of an Advent Calendar to ring in the holiday season! For this series we’re going to unbox the following calendar:

 

Fun fact, my photography skills have not improved.

I bought it at Amazon and as of right now you can purchase your own here.

It’s a pretty decent sized box with a tube in the center that’s holding our doll. On the front there are two panels that open up to reveal our doors (these were originally taped down, I assume to keep people from opening the doors in store). With the panels down we can see the doors. Both sides of the box are covered with doors with cute Christmas themed drawings. 

Here's the left side:


And the right:

 

 


The left panel was glued to the front part of the doors at the bottom. It looks like something spilled and when dried left a crusty residue, but it’s actually just the glue and how it tore the paper. It looks grosser than it actually is. What I appreciate about this calendar is that the doll is day 0. There’s actually 24 other surprises, so she's a bonus! Also, the inside of the door panels when extended have printed designs and slots in them. 

 

The doors have tabs on them, so when we take off the doors, we can slide the tab into the spaces and decorate the front of the box. I really love that idea. It’s great that something that normally would be a bit of trash can be used for decoration. Also if someone has a imaginative mind I could see the door images being reused for some sort of craft. Right now the panels are a little empty, but we'll soon start filling them up.

 

 

There’s also a little paper tree decoration that you can fold out on one side. I really appreciate how the box can be used for décor, although it might not look that cute when all the doors are open. I'm not sure how the tree stays together. There's no glue or anything. Also, the overlapping piece is larger than the part of the tree it touches, so you can see the edges. I could be doing it wrong, but I feel like that might need a little more work to be perfect. 


My career aspirations of a hand model are really picking up. 


I think that's it for the box design. There's some cute drawings on the back, but I'm not going to post them just yet because it spoils the contents (hopefully I remember to post them at the end. If I forget, someone remind me). 

Stay tuned for Day 0!

 

 

 

 

 

 

When we take off the doors, we can use them for decorations. I honestly really love that idea. It’s great that something that normally would be a bit of trash can be used for decoration. There’s also a little paper tree decoration that you can fold out. I really appreciate how the box can be used for décor, although it might not look that cute when all the doors are open. 

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love advent calendars! I'm going to enjoy your posts in December sooo much! <3

    ReplyDelete