Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Color Reveal Day 0, Let's Meet Our Doll!

 Hello Dear Readers,

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving and are plunging into the Christmas season. My Thanksgiving was very quiet, I was in the middle of a terrible cold so I ended up sitting it out. I spent the day either blowing my nose or coughing (or both at the same time), so it was best that I stayed home and rested. I'm currently on the mend, but I'll be happier when I'm back to feeling all better. I have a lot to do for Christmas, I don't have time to be sick! 

Today we're going to debox the doll from the Color Reveal advent calendar. She's located in an easy to remove the tube from the center of the calendar. You just tear along the sides of the circular cut out on the top and slide the tube out, being careful of the hook on the top so it doesn't catch on the box and she's free.


 

 Here's the tube by itself:

 

 

It has a clear base with a lavender colored lid. The clear plastic is covered by a plastic sheet with the same drawing of the doll from the front of the box, but with a monochromatic pink design. Using the pull tab that run along the side you can remove that piece to show the clear tube and it's contents. 

 


We've got a large pink bag with black designs and some instructions. 



Opening the bag reveals our doll:



Currently she's rocking a metallic pink painted look with white snowflakes on her face, torso, arms, and legs. I like it, it's actually really pretty. Unfortunately, this finish can't stay. We need to see our doll! When she was still painted I checked her over. She's got a hard plastic head with pretty large earring holes and a large hole in the back of her head for a hair accessory. There's something weird going on with her ring fingers on both hands. Not sure if that's how the hands are or the color reveal paint is doing something weird.



Only one way to find out. Let's bring on the water:

 

 And our lovely assistant goes in feet first:


I took several pictures of the paint coming off. It was really pretty watching it melt into the water. 

 





And the water looked really pretty when it was all mixed in:



And here's our doll after she's been dried, and scrubbed, some of that pink paint did not want to come off. Not all of it came off. She still has paint around her hip joint and seam lines. I'm not sure if the seam line paint will come off.

She's got a medium tan skin tone, painted pink hair with a side part, blue eyes, and medium pink lips. She has a molded on light blue bodysuit with periwinkle colored legs with embedded silver glitter. Her articulation is pretty basic. She can just look left/right and both her legs and arms can move forward and backwards. She's not great at sitting. Overall, not that impressive, but I wasn't expecting to like her. 

 

See everyone tomorrow for the first day of December and our first official door!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment