Monday, December 25, 2017

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Hello and Welcome to Day 25 of our Christmas Calendar unboxing!

Just kidding those are both over and done with and the boxes are headed to the trash.

No, today was Christmas! I hope everyone had a great one! 
And I hope the people who don't celebrate had a great day too.

My Christmas was pretty low key, even more low key than when I usually say that. My sister and her husband spent Christmas in Florida with my Grandparents so my family held off on our big Christmas celebration until later in the week. Today we did a traditional Christmas dinner (we're doing a different meal with my sister since she's a vegetarian and her husband doesn't care for turkey, which is fine, more for me).

We also did one big present and one table present (which is a family tradition which I may or may have not explained on the blog). 

For the big present I gave my parents their wedding album, the album itself had seen better days so I replaced it with one that had acid free pages and I also digitized the album, which took forever! My brother got a very nice set of tools I bought the last day before my store closed. I paid nowhere near the retail price, but it was originally 200 dollars, and I got a very good deal for it.

My present was a very nice bundle of wooden dowels. I sometimes get the urge to try doll sized woodworking. I've gotten some supplies, some tools, and watched some tutorials, but never have the drive to finish what I start. I've kind of cooled on the idea of it since I have way too many projects to finish already, but it doesn't hurt to amass some supplies, as long as I keep it within reason. Maybe I will try it eventually.

We also spent some time watching some Christmas shows and movies together. In the late morning we watched two episodes of Bob's Burgers (which has become the show we all watch together when we do family dinners) and Arthur Christmas which was great. For dinner when we had leftovers we watched Olaf's Frozen Adventure together.

For my table present I got one of the Hello Kitty single packs. I had my mother wrap them (I will buy my own presents and pay for them, but I refuse to wrap my own presents) and had her pick one at random to give me today. I got the white tank top with the blue ruffle on the bottom. It's cute, but since it's supposed to also fit the curvy body it's extremely unfitted. That's the one I want to get a second one of and modify. I want to take off the ruffle and make it more fitted. However I'm not going to do that until I have another one to keep original. 

Overall it was a nice day, I did think the turkey came out a bit dry but that happens. I am looking forward to our bigger Christmas celebration, but this one was really nice. Sometimes it's good when you can just hang out together and be a family.

Merry Christmas everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. Sometimes I think the simplest of gathering are the best as you get some time to relax and enjoy each other's company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice that your family can relax together and enjoy each others company. That's the best time ever in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed Christmas. A belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete