Friday, December 15, 2017

What's Behind Door #15? A Christmas Surprise!

Today is day 15 of our Advent calendar unboxing, time is really flying by!

How everyone's Christmas shopping going? I still have a few things to get but it'll be taken care of in one trip in town. I'm a little more behind in stocking candy, but since my sister is traveling and won't be back until after Christmas, we're not doing Christmas on the actual day so we can take advantage of the after Christmas candy specials! Right now we have it planned for New Years, which is good since we didn't get to do Christmas until April from last year since none of our schedules synced up until then.

The day 15 chocolate door is located on the far right two from the bottom, just above the day 2 door. It has part of Joseph and a Shepard on it. It also has a sheep on it. The sheep are one of my favorite images on this calendar. They're just so goofy looking. 

We open the door to see....


a truck, with a pile of something yellow piled in the back. I have no idea what that is. 

The Barbie calendar door is one row to the right of the center, also two up from the bottom. We're back to being on the image of the Ballerina. That is the biggest image so she does cover a lot of the box.


We open the door to find...

A muffin tin (also a sneak peak at the day 18 door, get back down there!)

This tin is also a silver plastic like some of the other pieces, but it's made out of a much harder plastic. It is a very cute muffin tin used to make six muffins. It has heart details on each end, a sort of zig-zag design on the top, and features the Barbie logo on the bottom of each of the muffin sections. It also has on the bottom a raised area. These are used in some Barbie play set so they can be clicked into place. I don't have any play sets like that, but I do have this exact muffin tin from that Barbie baking accessory pack from a year or so ago. Not in love with that feature giving it an uneven base, but if if bugged me enough I could just file it down. I don't mind having repeats of it, as someone who bakes from time to time you can never have enough muffin tins. I wonder if we'll see any other pieces from that accessory set. Time will tell. 

See everyone tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I finished shopping on the 8th but only because it was a doll released on that day. The other stuff was done a while ago. In recent years I haven't seen great Boxing Day sales in my area so if I went shopping then it would be for the busy and festive atmosphere.
    If this tin turns out to be the beginning of a chef outfit, this calendar was well worth it.
    Maybe the yellow stuff the truck is bringing is hay for the livestock or hayrides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! So it looks like the next few items will be for a baker!

    ReplyDelete