Monday, December 4, 2017

What's Behind Door #4? A Holiday Surprise!

Hello Everyone and Welcome to Day 4 of our Advent Calendar unboxings! 

This is going to be short and sweet (for me anyway). I'm going to push myself to clean off my desk today so I'm going to get this post published and do that. I'm hoping I'll be more productive without a pile of stuff on my desk staring me down. Wish me luck!

Our day four chocolate door is under Santa's bell ringing arm. They did try to place Santa in the image so you weren't opening him up to get any chocolate, but today is the day where the most of him is on top of a door.

Opening the door reveals:

This candy was also a little under the door. I tried shifting the entire candy tray up thinking it had shifted down, but there's no room in the package. I guess the doors are slightly misaligned.

Taking it out we find.... 

a sleigh holding a single present with a tree in the background. That must be a pretty big and heavy present to need an entire sleigh to move it. Doesn't seem that practical, but of course I always asked for Barbie dolls at Christmas which are pretty light. I know some kids are into bowling balls and I shouldn't judge.


Our Barbie calendar has the day four door located on the top, just to the left of the large ice skater image on the box. I had a little better luck opening this one. I guess it works best if you press down on the tab until you break the two top sections holding the door down, then lift up for the rest of them. It's still not easy, but it's easier.

Opening the door we find:


That.... what is that?


Oh, it's a Tiara!


I won't lie, this is one of the pieces I wanted the most from this set, however now that I have it in hand I'm slightly disappointed. I mean, it's cute and it's a very good color match for the rest of the outfit, but there's very clearly a seashell on the front meaning this is a reused piece from a mermaid doll. It's a minor thing, but it's not very Christmas/winter themed. I know Mattel has winter themed tiaras, and now that 3d rendering is a thing it wouldn't be that hard to find or make one. It's still cute, but I wanted a winter themed tiara. I'm still going to keep it, but it kind of spoils it for me a little.

Here is the outfit all together.

I *think* that's the last of the ballerina set. There is another clothing set that uses the bodysuit the doll came with I wonder if that's next or if we're going to start with another base outfit. We'll find out tomorrow I guess, I'm so curious to know!

1 comment:

  1. I'm also curious. I wonder why they recycled the tiara since the pointe shoes have a snowflake.

    ReplyDelete