Saturday, December 23, 2017

What's Behind Door #23? A Christmas Surprise!

Hello everyone, and welcome to day 23 of our advent calendar unboxing!

I went to Walmart yesterday to pick up a present I had shipped to the store. I also had to get the yearly Gamestop subscription for my brother in law (Gamestop is in the Walmart plaza) and get the final present on my list. Since I was already there, I visited the toy department and found the Hello Kitty solo packs!  I also found two of the full sets, so I'm still on the hunt for the rest of them. They had them on an in isle display, the full sets were on the middle shelf, and the solo sets were on the bottom shelf. You better believe I dug through all of them to make sure I got one of every one they had! I also found and bought the floral dress Skipper Babysitter doll. I wanted to see if her dress fit Momoko. It does, the sleeves a tiny bit too short, the bust fits great, but the waist is pretty big on her. So it fits, but it's not super fitted. I think looser outfits would look nice on Momoko. I did not try the shoes on since they're ankle boots and Momoko has extremely fragile ankles. The Hello Kitty sets are going to be my Christmas presents, so I didn't get a lot of time looking at them. I'm just glad I found them, I was beginning to think I'd never see them! I think there's three more full sets to hunt down, then I can relax until the next series is released (which I think is Care Bears).

Moving on, we find our day 23 chocolate door on the far right on the calendar. It's just between a two windows where once again a creepy pair of dot eyed children stare at us.
Here you can really see the odd shape of that boy's head.

Peeling back the door we find....

please don't let that be what I think it looks like...

Oh it's a tree! (Ohthankgoodness)
It's a very short little squat tree with what might be some decorations molded in. The illustration has candles and ball ornaments, but the chocolate itself looks to have maybe some oversized balls in a couple of places, or else it's just some minor imperfections in the molding.

Our Barbie door is on the right side, second row in, second from the bottom.
Right on Barbie's bottom 
(I said I'd make no jokes about the placement, but I just had to crack at least one).

I'm incorrigible.

Behind the door we find....


a helmet!

Made from a very pretty light lavender color this helmet is very soft and squishy. I wonder if it's silicone? I feel like I've seen (and most likely owned) this same helmet before but in a different color. Part of me wants to question the safety of a helmet with so many holes, but I think it's based off a real helmet (it's been a long time since I've done anything that needed a helmet). It's cute, it's safety conscious, and it's a helmet. It doesn't fit super tight on Barbie's head, but I don't think it really needs to be. If it was too tight, it might be pretty hard to get off and the strap might break.

Let's see what we get for our last day! (Although based on what we're missing I have an idea as to what it will be.)

1 comment:

  1. It looks like one of the helmets Barbie wore to roller skate a few years ago. Ski helmets don't usually have open spaces. I imagine it's because you're out in the cold when you use them.

    ReplyDelete