Wednesday, December 6, 2017

What's Behind Door #6? A Christmas Surprise!

Here we find ourselves on Day 6 of our Advent Calendar Unboxing. 
December is rushing by!

Our Day 6 door is located at the very upper left corner. There's nothing in the actual corner, but this door is to the right of the corner.
It's between a squirrel falling down a rooftop to it's death and a creepy woman with some cactus watching happily. Don't believe me? Look at the full image from a few days back, there is nothing stopping that squirrel from a two story plunge to the ground. Sure, he looks happy, but he doesn't know what's coming.

We open the door and find.....

now that woman is watching us. Even though we're blocking her view of squirrel death she still has that odd smile on her face. This lady must really hate squirrels. Oh, we also find a boot with presents in it.
That feels like a very German thing. 

Our Barbie calendar has the door located one to the right of the day 4 door. Right over Barbie's face.
No! Don't open my face!

What's Barbie hiding in her face?
Ice Skates. Ouch.
I can't think of a less pleasant thing to have in your face than ice skates.

Here they are on the doll:
I actually really like these. Just FYI, these are white. I think I have the lighting set wrong on my camera and it's giving everything a blue cast. They're made from a slightly squishy rubber, have molded on lace details, and the blades are a harder silver plastic that's embedded into the sole of the boot. There is a slit in the back to ease of putting on and taking off. I do have some similar ice skates to these, but they're vintage and I don't like using them. It's funny to see that the construction is basically the same, I guess they haven't figured out a better way to make them almost 60 years down the road. I don't really dress my dolls up in skating outfits, but I really like these skates so maybe I might start.

Here's the skates from the side:

And here they are on the doll:
I took the tiara off to recreate the look on the box. I just can't warm up to that skirt. It just feels like nothing. After the really well done tutu this little sheer thing with only a tiny ribbon bow for decoration just feels so ... blah.

But at least the skates are cute!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back! I've been checking in on your daily posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been enjoying these recent posts Aubrey. You seem to be in a very humorous mood. The stuff about the squirrel and the lady...well I laughed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny you should mention a squirrel, One climbed my neighbors brick wall and then seemed to have no idea how to safely climb down. It finally took a chance on crawling down a side of the wall that ended on a bit of ground instead of the paved part of the yard. It ended up safely getting down even though, at this time of year, they're both pretty hard.
    Barbie skates are a nice surprise! I wonder if you'll get tights in one of the windows at some point since the skating skirt is so sheer.

    ReplyDelete