Sunday, December 3, 2017

What's behind Door #3? A Holiday Surprise!

 Welcome to Day Three of Advent Calendars!
 I'm not going to do any update for today outside of the calendar because I didn't do much of anything lately. Been dealing with a bit of a motivation problem for pretty much everything right now.

Anyway,
our day three door for the chocolate calendar was located on the upper right side on that proportionally weird building. 
 Inside there's this:
Side note, the candy was actually a little below the window so it was kind of hard to get out.


It's a star!

Our Barbie door was located between the Doctor and the Skiing image. Full disclosure, it took me a while to find it. I was almost ready to give up but then I found it. "Did they forget to put a day three in?!?"


 We wrestle the door open to find:
 A tutu!
The tutu came taped into a plastic bag, which was taped down to the box liner. I wonder if all clothing pieces are going to be taped down like that.

Here it is on the doll:
I actually really like the tutu. It's made from two layers of blue netting (the same netting used for the bodysuit). The top layer is slightly shorter than the bottom layer to give it more visual interest. The top layer has glitter glued on to give it some nice sparkle. Both pieces are hemmed with surging, and the waist is surged elastic. The surged elastic is nice because you can put the tutu where you want on the doll's waist/hips. I think it has enough stretch to fit the curvy dolls (haven't tried it on one so I can't say for sure). I don't love the surging at the waist looks wise, but if it bothered me enough I could always tie a ribbon around it to cover it. I'm sure I have some ice blue ribbon around here somewhere. I'm glad we got a skirt, that bodysuit was looking a bit plain.


Check back tomorrow for more reveals!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! I hope they paced themselves and included things for other dolls because this one will be fully dressed for a dance recital long before Christmas at this rate.

    ReplyDelete