Thursday, December 7, 2017

What's Behind Door #7? A Christmas Surprise!

So the day dawns and we usher in day seven of our Advent Calendar Unboxing 
(Can you tell I'm trying to keep things fresh and not keep saying "Welcome to day..."?)

The day seven chocolate door is located on the first row two down from the left side. It's located directly under a possessed deer:
That woman is very excited to see that mouse. I am never that excited to see a mouse.

I'm glad it's that door so I can pull it back and not keep staring at his freaky gaze:

Inside we find a skewed angel:


In the drawn image the angel is praying, but in chocolate for she looks like she sulking. However, I know chocolate isn't known for it's subtleties as an art medium.

Our Barbie door for the day is located right next to the day 6 door, which is odd. You'd think they'd try to avoid numbers being right next to each other like that. They have 25 days to pick from. I wonder if there will be other days where that happens.
Barbie's ready to backhand my hand away from this door.

I fight with the door to get it open and we find:

An ice skating trophy!
*Side Note* I'm beginning to doubt my strength thanks to this calendar. I don't think I'm a total weakling but I am having a hard time with these doors. 

Anyway, our trophy is about 1.5 inches tall and is made from a slightly flexible plastic. It's a uniform gray color with a slight shimmer to help mimic metal. It has a trapezoid shaped base with the Barbie silhouette logo on the front (are they still using that logo). On top of the base there's a figure of a woman ice skating in a spiral pose (yes, I looked that up). She's got some pretty odd arm posing, it would look more dynamic if her arms where behind her instead of raised above her and below her. Lots of times it looks like she has an arm growing out of the top of her head.
The base is hollow so it can be a little tricky balancing it in Barbie's hand but it can be done. It's cute and I think would add a lot of play value especially to a child who had another skating doll, but I personally don't really need a trophy. It's cute enough so I'll be keeping it, but it will end up in the accessories bin and might not been seen again.

I think that's the last of the ice skating set so tomorrow should be the start of another outfit. I also think this is the last outfit to use the bodysuit so we might be getting another base piece tomorrow. I have an idea as to what it'll be, but we'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if I'm right.

Until then!

2 comments:

  1. It's nice. Good to know Barbie is a good enough skater to win a trophy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a professional skater or anything, but I have done a spiral (although not getting that back leg nearly so high!) You kinda need the arms to be out to balance out your body since one of your legs is raised above your head and you're basically putting all of your body weight on one narrow blade.

    ReplyDelete