Sunday, December 10, 2017

What's Behind Door #10? A Christmas Surprise!

And so begins another day, Day 10 to be exact of our Advent Calendar Unboxing. 
Let's see what we get!

Our day 10 door for the chocolate calendar is located one row to the left of the day 8 door, right where that little girl is staring at. Wait, can she see the door? Maybe that's what got her attention!
Creepy.

Opening it reveals...

Santa! (I think it's supposed to be St. Nick) 

It's a guy wearing brown furs with a sack on his back and a walking stick. I think that's the old school Santa before Coca Cola reinvented him with the red suit.

Our Barbie Calendar door is the exact reverse side as the day 9 door, one row in from the left under the ice skater's leg. 

We carefully crack the door open and find:

Pink wedge shoes!

These shoes are a pretty bubblegum pink color and have a wedge heel. They have a single molded line in the toe and two along the heel for some visual interest. They are marked the a B on the bottom which means they are designed to fit the classic and petite sized foot.

Fit in theory anyway. I think there's a design flaw in the shoe and they don't fit very well. I think the toe doesn't have enough room so I can get the doll's foot to fit in it properly. I tried it with both the doll body I'm using and the doll that came with the set and neither of them could get their foot in the shoe properly. Even when I jammed it on the shoe would pop off at the heel and fall off. I did just try it on Charlotte (first wave Fashionista) and they did fit her, but she does have smaller feet than those two dolls. I'm glad they fit some doll, but find it's odd it's not the doll that came in the set. They do have another issue, I don't think the heel is the right angle and when on the doll when you put them flat on the ground she's either leaning forward or back. They're not my favorite shoes, but I'll add them to the containers with the rest of my spares. Maybe some day I'll find a use for them. 

Let's see what tomorrow brings!


2 comments:

  1. The color is nice. The one thing you could at least count on was Barbie shoes fitting all Barbies. Then they sold the flat foot models and never made shoes for them and now this? *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the style of the shoe. Perhaps you could paint them another color?!

    ReplyDelete