Friday, December 22, 2017

What's Behind Door #22? A Christmas Surprise!

Hello Everyone, today is day 22 of our Christmas countdown!

Let's see what the calendars have in store for us! 



We find our chocolate calendar door on the far right, three up from the bottom. It's the image of two dogs looking eagerly at the Christmas tree.
It looks like that mouse is warming his behind with that candle. 
I don't blame him, December has been very chilly.

Peeling back the door reveals...


a cross eyed teddy bear with a present!

The illustration is cute, little intense, but I think he's just super happy to see you.
That's my theory anyways.

Over on the Barbie calendar our door is one of those long thin ones on the left side, the second one in.

Can I just say opening these styles of doors are really hard?

In my efforts I managed to rip the door off half way. I wasn't planning on keeping this box, but after that it's certainly not as pretty looking in general. And after I ripped it I had a really hard time opening it up the rest of the way to get the entire item displayed.
It's not pretty, but it's open.
 
Opening it reveals a pair of ski .... poles (I had to look it up to make sure I had the right term). Made from the same silver plastic as several other pieces these poles are both sturdy but with enough give so that they won't snap with too much play. They are very simple, but do a good job emulating the real thing. They have nice handles so the doll can hold them. 
 
 
They're a little odd looking without skis, but they make a pretty good lance until we get those:
En garde!
 They are a little easy to lose, I already had one slip out of the doll's hand and fall behind the bed (I've since fished it out). I will have to find a place to store these, they're tall and I don't want to bend them.
 
I'm curious to see what tomorrow brings!

1 comment:

  1. I hope it's skis or Barbie will be all dressed up with nothing to do.

    ReplyDelete