Saturday, December 16, 2017

What's Behind Door #16? A Christmas Surprise!

Hello everyone, and welcome to day 16 of our Advent calendars unboxing!
 I am yet again behind, so I'm playing catch up again today. Luckily I'm not as far behind as I have been so you won't be inundated with posts.

Our day 16 chocolate door is located on the bottom row two from the left. It features the backs of three children with a blonde child excitedly pointing out some presents. 

We like that kid. 
Heck, we are that kid.

Opening the door reveals....
 another circle!

We pull it out of the package and see that it's a...

 Candle! 

A candle with a circle background. I think it's an interesting design choice here. So far most things have just been what the image is. Very few of them have any type of background (the moon was one with a background). They could have easily done just a candle without a background, but chose to add the background. I assume they wanted to show the lines in the background giving the illusion it's lit.

 
Our Barbie door is on the far left one door over from the edge. It's directly under an image of Barbie as the vet with her very happy patient.
 I force the door open to reveal...
 A cloud?
A dirty cloud! (Luckily that spot is just a fleck of dust and came right off)
 Oh, it's a chef hat!

Made from a shiny hard plastic this chef hat is a nice plastic representation of the real thing. It's not completely hollow which was what I was expecting. Luckily it's also not too shallow and it fits a variety of dolls (Joe can wear it since his hair is pretty short, but Disney Store Kristoff could not). It had a molded in Barbie logo in the back. It also has molded in holes on the brim on the sides as well as one in the back. You should be able to rig up some elastic between the two sides so that the hat would stay on even better. Not sure what the back hole is for. It also has a small slit in the back, I assume so it has some give and will be less likely to break? Surprisingly I do like this, I don't know when I'd ever use it, but I actually do like it. I'd prefer if it was fabric, but there's been a lot of construction issues with fabric made things in this set so I bet if it was, I bet I would have liked it less.
Stay tuned for tomorrow (later today if I'm being honest) for tomorrow's reveal!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, a baker. It should be, the butcher, the backer, the candle stick maker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, another profession!? Barbie is a busy gal.

    ReplyDelete