Thursday, December 14, 2017

What's Behind Door #14? A Christmas Surprise!

Welcome Dear Readers to Day 14 of our Advent calendar unboxing.
I can't believe it's day 14 already, just 10 more days until Christmas Eve.

Before we get into the Advent calendars, we now have my sister's dog while she and her husband are away visiting his mother then my Grandparents. He's a sweet dog but little dogs are so much work. Willow doesn't like him, he's done nothing to her as far as I know and they used to be friends but now she does not like him and hides when he's here. I'd hate to have a step back in her coming into my room but at night he'll need to be in here so I can regulate the room temperature and keep him warm. I assume she'll disappear once she realizes he's going to be in my room, but hopefully once he leaves she'll go back to visiting my room.
(And maybe a little less wouldn't hurt, I love her but it's tricky working around her all the time!)

Anyway, our day 14 chocolate door is a little anticlimactic, it's directly under the day 13 door. I know I talked about that with the Barbie calendar, but you'd think they'd work really hard to avoid doors being next to each other like that. 
Our door image is a very excited little girl who looks like she's ready to take a bite out of Santa's arm. 
Seriously, look at that open mouth and evil twinkle in her eye. 

We pull back the door to find:


A Bell!
It's a cute bell in the classic look. It could be religious or not. Now that I'm thinking about it I haven't seen anything particularly religious in the calendar. I mean, there's Santa and a Nativity set but there haven't been any crosses or things that were 100 percent Church related.

Our Barbie calendar's day 14 door is at the bottom corner on the right side. 


We open it and find....

A doggy dish (a pretty ironic choice since we're now dog sitting)

It's a cute dog dish, made out of that same silver plastic as the stethoscope and the trophy. It's a simple dog dish, the only decoration on it is the Barbie logo on the inside. The plastic does seem a little thin, but it still feels sturdy. It's kind of odd we just got one and that Barbie as a vet is giving the dog food or water, which they don't normally do. 

Here's a picture of the vet outfit*:

*I did switch out the shoes since I couldn't get them to stay on the doll's feet.  

1 comment:

  1. I notice Mattel makes dog dishes but even though they make cats for Barbie, they never make a saucer of milk.

    ReplyDelete