Tuesday, December 12, 2017

What's Behind Door #12? A Christmas Surprise!

Hello everyone and welcome to day 12 of our Advent Calendar Unboxing. 
We're now at the halfway mark, it's just rushing by!

Our day 12 chocolate door is surrounded by already opened door. It's below the day 9 door, to the right of the day 7 door, above the day 1 door and to the left of the day 5 door, so we're covering pretty familiar territory. 
On the door itself we have a black eyed fawn staring the presents on Santa's sleigh. That teal one with the pink bow has some pretty interesting lighting on it, maybe that's what that deer is after. 
I wonder what's in it?!?

I can't say for the present, but I can show you what's behind the door. We peel back the door slowly....
revealing....
an air bubble. 

Just kidding! 

It's a guy riding a horse. He looks to be wearing a traditional horse riding uniform... costume?, one of those things you see in competitions. Kind of an odd choice for a calendar that's been pretty causal and traditional (like 18th century traditional) so far. Maybe the person doing the illustrations was like "Look I do an amazing horse and rider. I gotta put it in.".

Our Barbie Calendar door is also in familiar territory, it's in the third row from the left and two down, below the number 4 door and above the number 2 door. 
I feel like we're being watched

I fight to open it (tearing into the day 4 door in the process) 

revealing:
a clip board! 
Which is being helpful and removing itself from the packaging for us.

Made from a hard white plastic this clip board is simple, but effective. It has a painted silver top with molded in heart detail and a painted on
silver pen to the "paper" part. There is some slight sloppy paint here and there but nothing too bad.The back of it at the top is hollow, but it has a nice slot for the doll's hand to hold it. I had a slight difficult time getting my doll's hand in it, but I did swap my doll's hand from the fashionista hands to the made to move hands. I might have had an easier time using the original hands. I think it's cute, don't love the painted on pen, it feels rather limiting. I'd rather have it omitted and them using the paint to draw on some "writing" to the paper or just have it blank. At least it's just painted and I could buff it out if I wanted to. I really haven't had a time where I wish I had a 1:6 scale clipboard, but I will be holding onto this just in case I ever do.

Let's see what tomorrow brings, lucky # 13!

1 comment:

  1. Cute. Since she's a vet, I suppose there's a pet coming up.

    ReplyDelete