Thursday, December 21, 2017

What's Behind Door #21? A Christmas Surprise!

Hello Dear Readers, and Welcome to Day 21 of our Christmas advent calendar unboxing. 
We're in the home stretch! Will I keep this up until Christmas???
(Spoiler alert, I won't and now I'm playing catch up, but if you're reading this long after Christmas, I'm totally doing it daily. I super promise you.)

We find our day 21 chocolate door at the upper left corner of the calendar. As I've said before, there's no top door on the rows on the far left and right so this door while on the second row is actually the top one in the corner. The door is on a house where two dot faced children stare at us creepily.
 Guess what? 

We're going to split them up.
 Noooooo, don't split us up!

Serves them right for standing with a fault line in between them. 

Splitting up the Shining Twins we find ....


A guy on a sled! Luckily we have the illustration because if I was just looking at the chocolate I'd have no idea what was going on.

We find the 21st Barbie door on the bottom row, third from the left. 

Opening the door gives us...

 a pair of skiing boots!


These were so hard to get out. Most of the shoes had a spot in the backing for your finger to help ease them out but not these. I could not get them out for a while since I didn't want to use too much force and damage them. I eventually used a pair of scissors on the inside of one to pry them off the backer. 

 After fighting to free them I'd say it was worth it. Made from a slightly squishy white plastic, these boots look pretty good. In my very limited skiing knowledge these look like what I've seen. They have a bunch of straps molded in for nice detail. They also have the Barbie signature logo and the Barbie silhouette logo at the heel on both shoes. I don't have a flat foot doll handy to test it out on, but I do see a little molded bump for the doll's foot to rest on, so I bet a doll with flat feet couldn't easily wear this. Made to Move dolls should be fine. They have molded on B's on the bottom which means they fit the original and petite style foot. They're pretty cute and look pretty realistic. And I'm glad she has shoes, she was pretty cold skiing barefoot!

1 comment:

  1. Those look pretty good. I have a few pairs but they're too short for skiing.

    ReplyDelete