Sunday, December 17, 2017

What's Behind Door #17? A Christmas Surprise!

Welcome to day 17 of our Advent calendar unboxing! 
Things are really rushing by, tomorrow marks a week until Christmas! Eek! 

The dog seems to be meshing well so far. Willow still avoids him like the plague but things have been going somewhat smoothly compared to what I was expecting. Poor Willow does get stuck in the basement each night with the other cat since I take the dog in my room, but she used to go down to the basement a lot and sometimes would even choose to go into the basement for the night with the other cat. In the mornings I go out with the dog at 9 for his first walk of the day, eat breakfast with him, then hand him over to my mother when she gets up. That's when willow is let out of the basement and has been coming back into my room. I take him from my mother for his noon, 3, 6, 9, and 10:30 walks, but she keeps him all day. I also have her feed him at 9 preparing the food when we're out doing his walk. She could walk him, but I don't like her being out when it's so cold, especially when it's dark. At 10:30 Willow is brought downstairs and Finn is brought upstairs.
And repeat. 

So far it's working out, Willow gets my room for the entire afternoon and late into the evening and the dog is taken care of.

Our day 17 chocolate door is located at the top row on the right. There's actually only two doors on the top row. It took me until the 17th to realize that. It's half under that woman with the cactus plants watching that squirrel riding down the roof. 

Pulling back the door reveals....


A car!

 One of those old timey cars. I'm thinking 1930's. It's clearly a drawing and not an exact one but it's not as basic as the 1920's cars, but not as fancy as the 1940's (I'm sure whoever was drawing these didn't think someone would be analyzing these so in depth).

Our Barbie door is on the far right row, second from the bottom (just above the day 14 door). It has the tiniest bit of the skiing doll, but is mostly covered with the yellow button proclaiming this set contains 5 careers! (of which we've seen 4 of so far)

I pull open the door to find....


A plate with cookies!

The plate was a nightmare to get out. Usually the accessories have been pretty easy to pop out of the plastic backer but this one gave me quite a fight.

Once we finally get it free we find a cute turquoise scalloped edge plate with pink cookies that have white decorations on top. I think they're cookies, but they are a little puffier than cookies and Barbie does have a muffin tin. (If you look on the image on the box the muffin tin looks like a cookie sheet so I think Mattel cheated and used a mold they already had). The plate's all one piece and the bottom is hollow. The paint on mine is a little crooked in places but overall the effect is nice. I have a couple other holiday plates from Mattel and I do like them. They're all different so they'll work on a Christmas buffet (even though I haven't done an ounce of decorating this year).

See everyone tomorrow for day 18!

1 comment:

  1. They look like the "cake" cookies you buy in the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete