Tuesday, December 5, 2017

What's Behind Door #5? A Christmas Surprise!

Good Morning everyone and welcome to day 5 of our Advent Calendar unboxing! 

I hope everyone's having a good day, my yesterday wasn't that stellar. I had a disappointing mail day (I had an E-bay package arrive that clearly had more damage than what was disclosed/shown), then I sewed something and made it way too small. I so hate when that happens. Hopefully today goes much better.

The pictures today might not be the best because we have absolutely no sunshine. Right now we have fog. Fog is so eerie. I know it's the same yard I had yesterday but when it's covered in fog it's just so much creepier, creepier than nighttime. Hopefully it'll burn off as the day goes on.

Our day five door is located just under our day three door on the chocolate calendar:

What kind of shop is it? We will never know.
We carefully peel back the door and find...


A train! 

The chocolate was again lower than the door, I guess they're all going to be like that. When the calendar is over I'm going to investigate why it's like that. I don't think it was like that last year.

Moving onto the Barbie calendar, we go over two and down one to find the day 5 door, to the back of the image of the ballerina.

I had a difficult time opening the door, even pushing down I couldn't get the top two connecting tabs to break. I had to use some muscle to wrench the door open.

Inside we have....


A skirt!


This is part of the ice skaters set, so I guess that's our next outfit. The skirt is made from two layers of light purple tulle that overlap in the front. It has a surged elastic waist and features a ribbon bow at the hip. Not much more to say about it. I feel like it's kind of a throw away piece. The ballet skirt was so nice and well done this one pales in comparison. I feel like it's more of a swimsuit cover up than a skirt. It's so sheer and the skirt has so little volume it really doesn't have much of an impact. Also, minor gripe but I'm not a fan of the purple with the blue. That being said I've been realizing how little I like purple in my doll clothes. A couple months back I made a doll dress in purple and realized that was the first purple dress I've made in a long time, if ever. But I'm getting off topic.


Stay tuned for tomorrow's reveals!

1 comment:

  1. I hope the ice-skater set has a snowflake tiara both can wear,but this is cute.

    ReplyDelete